2009年12月11日星期五

Sick to death of AGAPANTHUS! You get a couple of months of blooms & the rest of the year they look like hell.?

When not in bloom they are ugly and in need of grooming all the time. The few months of bloom are not worth the rest of the year of mess. But I like that sort-of clump upright look. I'm commited to change as I had my gardeners start digging up the Ags today. But I have no idea as to a replacement? I want easy care, upright %26amp; some collor. And I need alot as we are removing over 50 Agapanthus.Sick to death of AGAPANTHUS! You get a couple of months of blooms %26amp; the rest of the year they look like hell.?
AT LAST SOME ELSE OTHER THEN ME HATES AGS. I thought I was alone in the world with my dislike of that scrapy looking, over rated garden mut. What a dumpy look'n pile of trash. But just like our famious ';Mess-O-Randa';, home of the blue mulch, everybody has to have an Ag in their garden. (did I hear right, you had 50 of them?)





Here's a couple great replacements that will give you the look %26amp; structure you are looking for.





Dietes, the fortnight lily. Irislike plants that live upto their name. Set your watch by it as it blooms every other week, year around. I suggest D. vegeta for it's 3inch white bloomes. E-Z care, low water use, year around winner.





Toss in twenty or so hygrid, repeat blooming daylilies in mixed colors. Some reds, purples, cream %26amp; naturally some yellows %26amp; oranges.





Those two winners should help you forget your ag nightmare?Sick to death of AGAPANTHUS! You get a couple of months of blooms %26amp; the rest of the year they look like hell.?
Mention where you live and I might be able to help.





Are you looking for shrub type replacements? Tree?





Knock-Out Shrub Roses are easy to care for and resistant to disease. They have a shrub appearance with rose blooms. You might have a hard time finding a lot this time of year though.
i live in australia and mine are fine.. where i am we have very hot summers and freezing winters .. i just chop flowers off when they are finished and brown and rip off any of the dead leaves and they look fine.. maybe give them some food... agapanthus in my opinion are one of the easiest plant to care what about english box headge,, they have them planted areound the streets here and they look lovely easy care and can shape them or grow them into a fence hegde, you can get them in all different varietys small to large etc ask the nursery
Replace wih daylilies, or iris; these have the clump upright look, however, these two bloom once a year just like the agapanthus.

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin