2009年12月11日星期五

My 12 year old daughter is listening to Creep, Black Hole Sun, In Bloom, etc? She writes sad songs? Help me!?!

Well, my 12 year old daughter last in 6th grade would listen to pop, country, and pretty good songs I guess. And over the Summer (her father and I are divorced) her dad moved. She drives about 4 hours every other week traveling from my house one week to her father's the next. I have done some things in the past that maybe weren't the best. But anyways over this Summer she got a hole new taste it seems. I have nothing wrong with that though. She's been playing guitar and everything and loves rock. But she really likes songs like, In Bloom, Creap, Black Hole Sun and everything. She's been wearing bandanas, jeans with (not that many) rips. She also wears black tees and doesn't like bright colors. She also seems even quieter now. Should I be worried? Can you please help me? She was a good kid in 6th grade. Straight As. Athletic. Nice. Are things going wrong? She writes somewhat sad songs. (They're Beautiful though they make me cry). Help Me? P.S. She also listens to Kansas, Bon Jovi, and not just the songs I've listed. God Bless!








She is most certainly not goth or emo. She doesn't even wear make up (just mascara). She has a few friends and her cousin. She isn't too shy around them. I'm just conserned about her taste in music? All those pointless sad rock songs? She doesn't dress too goth but like I just wish she could wear a nice pink shirt and a skirt for once. Anyways please help!My 12 year old daughter is listening to Creep, Black Hole Sun, In Bloom, etc? She writes sad songs? Help me!?!
Didnt you already ask this question?? Anyway, stop being so judgmental and try being accepting. Get to know your daughter, as she is trying to assert her independence and figure out where she fits into this world. Try to find a common thread in which she can relate to you. Tell her that her songwriting is beautiful, and show an interest in what she enjoys. The more you get to know your daughter, the more you will get to know her, if you know what I mean.My 12 year old daughter is listening to Creep, Black Hole Sun, In Bloom, etc? She writes sad songs? Help me!?!
I wouldn't be concerned about her taste in music. Between 6th and 7th grade, my taste in music totally changed. I went from listening to Britney Spears to listening to My Chemical Romance, The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer, Green Day, Radiohead, etc. I was still a good kid even though my taste in music became a little darker.
She's 12. Thats a part of being a preteen, and sometimes it stays until their teenage years





you can't change your children, just protect and love them. Love her for who she is, don't keep insisting she wear pink. your insistence will only make her want to even less at this point in her life
Your daughter is fine, the music is fine and she is just going through a stage that a lot of kids go through. She wants to be ';different';. She'll most likely grow out of it, don't worry about it and let her be who she wants to be.
She is just sad and all of those songs are becoming popular again because they are on Rock band and Guitar Hero. Plus a lot of people right sad songs. Its probably just a phase. She could be quieter because she is growing up and less open and more self conscious
Does she happen to own Rock Band?





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_(鈥?/a>


Rock Band, a video game. It has all those songs, she most likely got it from that. They're all classics though, they're not bad at all.
Its probably just a phase. I went through an ';emo phase'; when I was her age. But if she doesn't snap out of it soon you should maybe talk to her. A serious talk. Let her get out whats making her act that way.





You should go talk to her right now though.
Lighten the **** up! If this is your biggest worry your lucky!
her tastes are probably just changing, just a phase, no big deal





what is so wrong with those songs? they are good
i think she is just depressed, if she starts dressing like a goth though its just a phase, if not, she is depressed because her dad moved away. maybe like buy her a pop cd or good music cd for her bday or holiday or something. Take her shopping at good stores like Justice,limited 2, aeropostal,holister, abercrombie, just not Hot Topic. Also try to act cheery around, but not 2 cheery or else it would freak her out, it would freak me out. good luck, hope this helps! %26lt;3
i wouldnt be concerned. just cause her tastes have changed, doesnt mean she is gonna turn into a bad student.





and you sound like my mom. i wear alot of dark colors and she tries to get me to wear bright colors and dresses. lol. just dont make her wear things she doesnt want to. shes expressing herself... let her.





EDIT:


plus, those songs are classics.
Just let her express her emotions, and don't worry about it. I'm 14, going on 15, and I know how it is. That's the known age for big changes, and she's obviously expressing her pre-teenage angst in a way that helps her. It shouldn't matter if she wants to go in the darker direction, as long as you don't smother her and make her feel worse, she will be fine. If it's helping her out, despite whether you think it's too dark and too scary for such a young girl, then again, you should just leave her be and support her.
I was the same way at that age. (And back when I was 12, those songs were just becoming popular!) As long as she isn't being destructive to herself or others, isn't showing any behavioral problems, and isn't showing signs of being suicidal or depressed, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a phase, and even if this is the person that she turns out to be, it'll all be okay.





Just because you don't wear pink or skirts doesn't make you a bad person :)
My friend was just like your daughter. Sometimes people just . . . change. Don't bug her about it because that will only make her more upset. However, don't completely neglect her. Just don't treat her like anything has changed. She'll make a decision whether ot not do keep being that way.


But changing your taste in music doesn't always mean they're going bad. And you know, sometimes sad songs are just... they make you think more. That's why a lot of people listen to them, because they express more feeling, etc.


I wouldn't worry. It's normal for a person to change interests/look at least twice in their life. It's probably a phase. But, with descretion, talk to her, and see if something's going on. Just don't push it too much - NO therapy. Trust me, a little is a lot. Just listen to what she wants and try not to influence her too much, pre teens/teens don't take too kindly to be harrassed by their parents. I wouldn't worry, unless she starts doing more severe things.
maybe shes depressed because of you and her dad or those things you did that you aren't so proud of. but maybe her interests just changed. it can happen pretty severely like that. i used to be really girly, never wore pants, only skirts, and now i hate bright colors, i almost always wear jeans, and i love darker colors. so, it could happen. just keep an eye on it and see if you notice anything. if you're seeing any possible symptoms, try googleing them and see what you get. my mom has a lot of health issues so she does that a lot because the doctors are morons (hehe), and she gets a lot of useful information. if it progresses into what you think is depression, take her to a therapist because they're the ones who usually diagnose things like anxiety or depression. i should know, i have both. oh joy... well good luck!
You can't keep them controlled forever.Elementary school is over,and these are the years she is going to develop her own opinions.


If you want her to change her style go on a shopping day and let her pick out clothes- but suggest some colorful things too.


http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=27428鈥?/a>


I made some things she might like.
(this is not meant to be rude so please dont take it that way i just have very strong feelings for music and children that deal with this) first of all there is no such thing as a pointless song. in bloom was written by one of the greatest people ever and black hole sun is a BEAUTIFUL song. and your daughter is sad and depressed! she needs help you need to try to talk to her about the divorce. i was 13 when my parents started the divorce then my dad was put in jail for hitting my mother then after a year of them seperated and still going through the divorce my mom was murdered. she needs help. give her my email (fairy_magic_77@yahoo.com) i will help her. i know how she feels i know she needs somebody who understands how she feels.. i know you are her mother but you are not the one who has to go back and forth between parents (not your fault you did what you think is best) she needs somebody who dealt with it.. please give her my email and tell her i want to help that i am just a random person who is not gonna take side and knows how she feels. if i could talk to EVERY child that has had their parents divorce or have lost a parent to death i would do it no questions asked. i would like to tell you i hope you are ok i know how divorce affected my mother and i know you need help as well. i had to help my mom so you can email me as well. and i respect you for taking care of what needed to be done i see that you are worried about you daughter so i know you are a great mom. just know i am here i am a stay at home mom so i am reachable 24/7. good luck and please if you needed some body to talk to i am here. trust me it is better to talk to somebody who knows nothing about you (they dont take sides)

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin