2009年12月2日星期三

How soon to expect bare-root blue sea holly to bloom?

Or even produce any growth? I have planted 4 now %26amp; none have bloomed, I'm wondering if I should return for my money back. They were supposed to come in 3'; pots however I received bare root. I planted (2) the 2nd week of May and then received the last (2) %26amp; planted June 1st or 2nd. None have shown any signs of growth. I followed instructions to a ';T';. Is this something that will not grow until the following year? My entire flower bed was based around those, now my bed looks unfinished :( please help....thanks!How soon to expect bare-root blue sea holly to bloom?
These are small plants and they are going to seem a bit slow to grow, at first. Most plants, including holly, may not bloom at such a young age. They should, however, produce new growth if given a little encouragement. If you'll take some scissors and carefully remove the leaf at the very tips of the branches, this will encourage new growth. Other things to look for - (1) that the plants look healthy, ie., no yellowing or brown leaves at the ends of the branches (some yellow leaves toward the middle of your plants might be normal) (2) that you didn't plant your plants too deep (the level the plants were growing at should be the same or slight raised from the level of the soil you planted them in (3) Did you mulch your plants in with bark or some other suitable mulch? (This will help to keep your plants from drying out at summer heat approaches).


I'd expect your plants to actually bloom, maybe by next year, but new growth, once you've pruned the tips, should occur within a months time. Good luck!!!

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin