2009年12月5日星期六

How long does it take for Canna Lily's to bloom?

My friend gave me some bulbs, and I planted them right around the first week of June. They are bursting up like crazy. I am so happy..but, I am not sure when I can expect a bloom. I Live in Chicago area. Some of the plants are really tall, while others are shorter...


thanks! ;)How long does it take for Canna Lily's to bloom?
Cannas will grow very well in the Summer, and it's a good sign that they're sprouting with new plants, they obviously like where they're planted. A lot of times, plants won't bloom the first year they're planted. It take a lot of energy to put out a bloom. Your cannas will most likely focus on reproducing themselves through the roots before they bloom. Expect them to bloom next year during the early Summer. Don't forget to fertilize regularly though, once a month with an all purpose fertilizer. Also, in the late Fall and into Winter, expect your plants to die down some once a chill comes about. Good luck with your Cannas!How long does it take for Canna Lily's to bloom?
I live in NE Ohio and mine aren't blooming yet either. Their still curling out leaves. Last year it was about late July when they started and the lasted till late fall. Don't forget to dig up the bulbs before they freeze for next year.I store mine in the basement in a dark corner. You'll have ALOT!
your canna's will bloom when they get about chest high. Just have some patience and water them alot. they grow faster with watering and lots of sun. I planted mine late may and they are just started to bloom and the hummingbirds just love them. have fun with growing your canna's
some canna's can take up to 5 years before they bloom

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin