2009年12月5日星期六

If stored lily bulbs are dried up and hard will they still bloom?

I bought oriental lilies at the end of the season last year for a great deal, 12 for $12, 3 diff varieties. I stored them in the refrigerator through the winter, and before I put them in the fridge they were fine, fleshy, moist. I pulled them out of the fridge the other day and they had begun to sprout, and had completely dried out. Two of the varieties were dry, and hard. the third was still somewhat moist, but the outer parts of the bulb were hard. I went ahead and planted them in a pot. My question is will these recover, and grow?If stored lily bulbs are dried up and hard will they still bloom?
How dried up were they? Looking like prunes or what? Plant them in a pot and see what happens, if something shows later in the spring, plant them where you want them. That鈥檚 what I would do, I never give up on flowers :pIf stored lily bulbs are dried up and hard will they still bloom?
Who knows. Maybe. I wouldn't put money on them. Problem is modern refrigs are drying in order to keep frost free. Hence the poor babies dried out. Maybe they will take in moisture from the soil............if they can get some roots out. I'm not holding my breath.
Lillies do not like to dry out, and your chances are very low of them surviving, but what have you lost by planting you never know your luck!
  • Ltd
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论

     
    dry skin