2009年12月11日星期五

Remember paper flowers that ';bloomed'; in water from a clam shell? Know what they're called, where to find?

It was shortly after WW II, and I think they were a Japanese import. We used to put them in goldfish bowls (not with the tish) and they lasted a long time. Are they still around and where can I find them?Remember paper flowers that ';bloomed'; in water from a clam shell? Know what they're called, where to find?
Yes, I remember them, they were called ';Clamshell Water Flowers';, the small ones came in Cracker Jacks the big ones from a 5%26amp;10 cent store (now they call them Dollar Stores). I also found a guy selling them on eBay for $25 at http://cgi.ebay.com/Lge-CLAM-SHELL-Wonde鈥?/a> RScottRemember paper flowers that ';bloomed'; in water from a clam shell? Know what they're called, where to find?
I used to love those as a little girl.My grandmother used to buy them for me when I was small early 1960s at the five and dime store. i haven't seen them since then. I don't recall what they where called.I often think of them and wish I could find them

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin