2009年12月5日星期六

I have a dozen or so amaryllis from past Christmases that bloom outside every spring, but not this year. Why?

Every year I take the spent plants into the garage to winter over, and every April after the last frost date, I bring them back out to the same spot on my shaded deck. Then some time in May, they usually bloom. I leave them alone to die back, and then in fall the routine starts again. I now have about a dozen or more plants collected from a dozen or more Christmas seasons, so I've been doing this same routine for years. I always fertilize them every spring, but that's about it. This year not a single one has bloomed, and it's already almost July. What could have happened?I have a dozen or so amaryllis from past Christmases that bloom outside every spring, but not this year. Why?
Sounds like you have done everything right. Could you be having a problem with critters eating the bulbs? Or has it been extra wet this year and the bulbs got fungus?I have a dozen or so amaryllis from past Christmases that bloom outside every spring, but not this year. Why?
I had mine in the ground for 8 years and none of them came up this year I am so sad.. I wonder if they have just so many years in them and then they die?

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin