2009年12月5日星期六

If I prune my Butterfly bush in July will it still bloom this year?

I have a butterfly bush that I have not pruned at all this year. It is growing pretty wild and has a ton of beautiful blooms, but the problem is that it is covering my living room windows. If I was to prune it back, would it bloom again this year?


I don't know if it will help but I live in Tennessee, and it is extremely hot and has rained a lot this year. I don't know if this affects how far back I should prune the bush or whether I should prune it at all. I don't want to hurt it, since it is growing so well this year.


Thank you for your help.If I prune my Butterfly bush in July will it still bloom this year?
I too ';had'; a beautiful, giant yellow butterfly bush that was so large in early spring, that I decided a pruning wouldn't hurt before it was loaded with blooms....Big mistake...I pruned it early/mid June and now mid July it looks like a stick. Almost all of the leaves are droopy no matter how much it is watered. Eventually turning crispy and brown and falling off. There is no new growth anywhere and I'm afraid it isn't going to make it.


I felt compelled to prune, because it was nearing 8 or 9 feet tall, dwarfing everything else around it and obstructing the walkway nearby.


I never prune anything when it's so hot and late in the season. Actually, I had already pruned it once in early winter and it grew back about 2 x's larger than what I had pruned. I live in Florida, so it's a lot hotter here than where you are, but I would still caution on pruning until fall or early winter, then I would prune the heck out of it and expect that it will still grow back at least 2 or three times what you are pruning off !!!


Good luck.


I think I'll wait until fall and dig mine up and pot it and see if I can nurse it back throughout the cold months into spring.If I prune my Butterfly bush in July will it still bloom this year?
Yes you can do a small prune on it just now but where you prune you will not get blooms this year. I would suggest that you just prune back the invasive bits from your window. This bush is better pruned in the Autumn (Fall) cut back to within a foot of the ground. This bush is a cousin of the Buddlea which attracts butterflies too. The Butterfly Bush likes partial shade, not full sun.
http://answers.privateprobation.com


you can get much information in this website,stay a minute in website and check anyone link at a time,you can aslo get your answer in Google Search in this website, which has helped me alot

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin