2009年12月11日星期五

My Hoya plant is a 40 yr old cutting off a 100 + yr plant. It is in small pot, no bloom, is larger pot needed?

12-15 years ago it bloomed all the time, year after year, (little pink bouquets) but hasn't since I moved from that house. It was in a northern exposure window, have tried all windows, no blooms and little growth, but it looks healthy. Long stems, big dark green leaves, very little problem with dropping leaves. I don't normally fertilize, although I have in past, made no difference. Family heirloom plant, I am 3rd generation to have it, it will go to my daughters upon my death, I am 62 . So you can see it is important I keep it healthy, but would like to see it bloom again.My Hoya plant is a 40 yr old cutting off a 100 + yr plant. It is in small pot, no bloom, is larger pot needed?
hi when my plants stop growing lots and stop flowering i gently pull the plant and roots out of the pot to check for;


1. disease


2. bugs


3. mould


4. if the roots look cramped





if its disease you can try doing a couple of cuttings and then talk to someone at a garden center to see if there is anything you can do to the mother plant.





if its bugs you can buy all sorts of organic type pesticides to take care of them





if its mould/rot do a complete change of soil and be sure to put rocks or sand in the bottom to help with drainage and be carefull not to over water





if it is the roots cramping purchase a bigger pot and loosen the roots up a bit and replant!





hope this helps


btw since it is an heirloom plant and you said daughters (plural) why not do cuttings for both of them?

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin