2009年12月2日星期三

How can I get my echeveria succulent to bloom and be happy?

Today I purchased two new echeveria succulents from my local grocery store. The tag on one reads ';pink echeveria'; and the other simply ';echeveria';. They are both currently blooming and are just gorgeous. I have tons of other succulents, many that are like these, and I cannot get them to bloom for the life of me. Once, about a year ago, a different succulent of mine bloomed randomly then died.





I have had succulents for years, so I know enough to keep them alive most of the time, but it seems they're not quite happy enough to bloom. Sadly, my main downfall is that I live in an apartment without an outdoor space so I have to supplement the bright light they need with a plant lamp.





What I'd like to know is if there are fertilizers I should use, times of years they should get something special, (someone once told me they needed cold weather occasionally) or just anything to get them to bloom or at least be a little bit happier.





http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Kaythryn/echever.jpgHow can I get my echeveria succulent to bloom and be happy?
Here's a bit of helpful info: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art2鈥?/a>





According to this one you need a 20-20-20 fertilizer: http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jardin/鈥?/a>





Good Luck, ;-)How can I get my echeveria succulent to bloom and be happy?
When a flower blooms, it is usually the last thing it does before death. So if you want your plant to bloom, torture it. It will bloom, then die.
  • Ltd
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论

     
    dry skin