2010年6月22日星期二

Will Viburnum Opulus Roseum bloom in filtered shade?

I planted 7 Viburnum Opulus Roseum ( sterile Common Snowballs) . they are planted in along my property , and have filtered sunlight. I live in Tennesee in the southeastern part of the US and I wanted to know if they will bloom okay or not in the spring. How soon should I see blooms if they have been in the ground for one year? They are about 4 feet tall now.


thanks.Will Viburnum Opulus Roseum bloom in filtered shade?
I live in a warm temperate area and my Viburnum Opulus Roseum is planted in a quite shaded area and they flower well. They flower in summer not spring. You may find you get some flowers this year and good flowering from year 3 - 4. Be careful to give a light prune once a year because you might find with the amount of shade they are getting they may become tall and 'leggy'.Will Viburnum Opulus Roseum bloom in filtered shade?
I live in Australia, temperatures where I live range from -15 deg F in winter to 108 deg F in summer. These really are tough plants. Report Abuse

This shrub is adaptable to most conditions. Some shrubs dont flower in the first year.
Just a matter of maturity I would guess, I have seen Viburnum Park Farm Hybrid growing in quite deep shade in Sheffield Botanic gardens and their scent fills the hollow they are planted in, they have been there a long time and are quite wide (10-15 feet) but only about 10 feet high, keep feeding your plants and make sure they have the room to spread.
like oh my gosh! you are totally right!

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin