2010年6月24日星期四

Why dosen't my crepe myrtle tree bloom?

Mine doesn't bloom either. My arborist suggested that I give it a dose of More Bloom, a liquid fertilizer. A least I do have little buds starting to appear. I got the More Bloom at the Home Depot. He said sometimes they just need a little fertilizer to spring them into action. Seems like he was right.Why dosen't my crepe myrtle tree bloom?
One other thing-- Crepe Myrtles bloom on ';new wood';-- this means that if the winter months or early spring you cut them back pretty hard-- they will put out new growth and therefore will bloom. I don't disagree about the need for fertilizer-- they certainly put on a show with fertilizer-- I try to use a pelleted fertilizer-- that is slow release.


good luckWhy dosen't my crepe myrtle tree bloom?
It just doesn't have the energy to bloom. Try to feed it more nutrients through a fertilizer. However, make sure the first number isn't higher than the other numbers or else you may get more blooms than you want and your myrtle will use up too much energy making the flowers.

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin