2010年6月24日星期四

Anyone have a foolproof way to get dendrobium orchids to bloom again? I've tried all the recommended methods..?

I hate throwing out supermarket orchids but they NEVER re-bloom even if I follow all the guidelines orchid books prescribe. Well I think I do anyway..what am I missing?Anyone have a foolproof way to get dendrobium orchids to bloom again? I've tried all the recommended methods..?
Each genus of orchid has different requirements for reblooming. Most varieties are very simple to rebloom. Phalaenopsis, Zygopetalum and Odontoglossum require only slight changes in temperature to initiate blooming. Dendrobium, bloom on mature new growth and require a change of fertilizer to a phosphorus-rich, blossom-booster formula, such as 20-20-20. That is not fool proof though. I don't think there is any fool proof method. Let them mature for a year and see what happens. Here is a forum for you.


http://www.rv-orchidworks.com/orchidtalk鈥?/a>


And here is a video for you.


http://www.monkeysee.com/play/3186-the-d鈥?/a>Anyone have a foolproof way to get dendrobium orchids to bloom again? I've tried all the recommended methods..?
maybe they are missing the cold they need? 45 degrees...but also i read that it is a deciduous type of orchid and the deciduous type needs bright sun during dormancy or bulb cannot regenerate.





so, could be problem if ur area is not cold at night because the light in a fridge does not stay on, heh heh.





orchids like 3.5 months rest.





more:


http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG鈥?/a>

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin