2010年6月22日星期二

Will my peonies bloom again in the fall and how do I prepare them for winter?

I have never seen peoinies bloom again in the fall.. And mine i just mow off when they start to fall over and look bad.. no preparing. unless you want to put some fresh potting soil on top of them where you cut them off.


they should be very happy and bloom really well next spring again


Only put a couple inches potting soil on them for over winter..


works great .. hope they come back very pretty again for next year.Will my peonies bloom again in the fall and how do I prepare them for winter?
No, cut them back to about 1-2'; and cover with compost.Will my peonies bloom again in the fall and how do I prepare them for winter?
I agree 100% with Sandy F - I do the same thing - I mow them over when they fall and shrivle up.
They won't flower again but will die back. Cut off the dead leaves and cover with a 2 inch thick mulch. They'll be back stronger the following year.

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin