2010年6月22日星期二

My cilantro plant is start to bloom little white flowers!! Is this normal? Should I cut them?

Yeah, it's starting to bolt. You can cut out those flower stalks to get it to produce more leaf. I always let a couple go, where I am in S. California they will come up again in spring as volunteers. Super easy plant. Those really lacey leaves on the bolting plants are still good for cooking by the way, and fresh coriander seed is much better than the old stuff sold in most markets. I also use the roots for thai cooking. An all around use full plant.My cilantro plant is start to bloom little white flowers!! Is this normal? Should I cut them?
Cilantro is hard to grow. Mine always does that. When it blooms there is not much you can do. Use the leaves quickly. The seeds that follow the blooms are actually coriander, a different spice. If you like coriander then just let it bloom and use the seeds.

没有评论:

发表评论

 
dry skin